April 21, 2011

Recent happenings.......and going back a bit!

Since this is my first post, I'm going to include the most recent happenings, but I'm going to go back a little too. Some things will be out of order, but I still want to post them because I'm using this blog as a sort of on-line scrapbook for my boys (all three)! That's really all this is. I'd love to go way back, but can't because I lost about 5 years worth of digital pics when my computer crashed about 3 years ago or so. HEARTBREAKING to say the least. Every time I let myself think about what was on that computer, I get sick. The lesson here is....
 BACK UP YOUR PICS!!

Spring Break in Corpus Christi 2011


We took a tour on this ship called the USS Lexington. It's nickname is "The Blue Ghost". I told the boys all week that it was it was known to be a haunted ship. When we got there we learned that I had just caught that key word, "ghost" and just thought that it was supposed to be haunted. It's only called that because it's painted blue, and some other boring information.......needless to say the boys were a little let down. Of course, they all teased me and thought it was funny that I thought that. :)


Awww......I have a picture of them just like this from when they were like 4 and 2. So sweet, even thought they aren't really feeling that way....(ha ha)



Dad getting mom a yummy drink.



Dad surprised the boys with body boards!

Cam lasted about 5 minutes.....


Caden could have gone on for 5 hours!

It was so windy I could barely keep that hat on!

We spent some time at a a fun little ice cream shop one night. Davy and I played several games of checkers at the bar while the boys played basketball in the back room with some other kids on spring break. Then a sweet lady drew characatures of the boys.....sport themed, of course! She told Davy and I that she could tell we loved each other and that she enjoyed watching us play checkers--so nice!



Archery Tournament 2011
We LOVE going to the annual archery tournament in Vanderpool, TX on Bug Scuffle Ranch. We stayed in an awesome river house with tons of room this year. The weather was warm--perfect to sit and do nothing in the river when we weren't shooting on the hills. And sometimes, nothing is all you want to do!



At least I got him!



I'm cool.

Check out my twelve pack! ;)

Goofy cousins...

Relaxin'

Happy birthday to me and Michelle. We celebrated b-days on the trip--34 and 35! Thanks for the cherry pie mother--DELICIOUS!!








Landon went the emergency room shortly after.....

Go Cam!

Did I tell you I'm cool?

My sweet family!


Aww....getting married soon. Married!
(Read that last part like Long Duck Dong)




Mumaw, Paw Paw Paul, and Sarah

The Men

The Ladies


The couple that goes to archery tournaments together stays together! (inside joke)
Love you Dave!

These are not my underwear--repeat, not my underwear.


Go Big Smell.

\
2nd place baby!

Saved the best for last! Thanks for another awesome weekend in Vanderpool Paul!
We love you!

Here's a few pics from last year's tournament--notice all the belt buckles!!




Go mumaw!!


Go Sarah!!

Cameron wasn't quite as tall as me just yet. By the next archery tournament, he was an inch taller than me!

Until next year.....

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent some time at the ranch during the Thanksgiving break.....

Sarah Grace was the photographer on most of these, so thanks Sarah!










Cam wanted this pic to look like he was petting the llama.....you decide.





Sweet Sarah

Ready to drive.....this is the only safe place to let him loose!


This is how we see Caden around the house most of the time...

This was funny--I told Davy that we needed to get a sweet picture looking at each other. The thought of "staging" a sweet picture made us both laugh out loud. So it actually turned out better since it was real!


The boys love to help feed the animals.........

Caden's 9th Birthday Party



Jacob Logan, Cameron, Jake Moody, Jacob Lawrence, Andrew Zinante, Caden, and Landon






Hey Dad!


Cameron's 5th grade Talent Show 2010

Cameron and a few of his friends did a funny skit for the 5th grade talent show. He and Jake had to dress up like girls, and boy did he play the part!






No comments:

Post a Comment